What is Home Staging?
Home staging is property styling for the purpose of selling to achieve the best price in the shortest time frame.
Today's homebuyers are educated and savvy with high expectations in the way homes are presented. We specialise in styling homes to maximise their selling potential for the target market.
Home buyers need to make an emotional connection with the home before deciding to purchase. This is more likely to happen when they can visualise living in your home. We can view your home from the perspective of a critical buyer. This allows us to stage your home to emphasise its best features.
The Home Staging Process
A home staging consultation takes place in your home and usually takes about 2 hours depending on the size of your home. There are 3 stages to the process:
1. We do a walk-through of the whole home to get a feel for the style, layout, and flow. We also make note of existing furnishings, accessories and colour schemes. We get a feel for the most likely target market and take this into account.
2. Next we develop an action plan by looking at each room individually. Our priority is to use existing furnishings and only suggest changes that will make a dramatic improvement to the space. Suggestions may include some or all of the following:
- Decluttering, cleaning and repairs
- What to remove (to storage, sell or give away)
- What to bring in (rentals and/or purchases)
- Placement of furniture, artworks and accessories
- Painting (we will suggest colours)
- Window treatments and bedding
- Ways to improve street appeal
3. We then go over the prioritised action plan to clarify and answer any questions. If you decide that you need some assistance we can help you further. We can also arrange furniture rental and/or purchase furniture and accessories as required.
How Much Does it Cost?
We charge a flat fee for the initial consultation of up to 2 hours. Additional time is charged at a very affordable hourly rate.
The aim of Home Staging is to help owners achieve a quick sale for the best possible price. Our fees are a very small cost compared to a forced price reduction due to the home sitting on the market for an extended period without offers.
Contact us today for further information. PH: 0448 491 501